05 July, 2006

Life in Dante’s Inferno, I mean Italy.


Well, I broke down and bought an air conditioner. After hours and hours of proselytizing to myself about how I needed to experience the culture and get to know how things were really done here in Italy – I totally caved after not sleeping well for about two weeks. When I did sleep, I dreamt of Dante’s Inferno, in particular the Epicurean section of circle six. Don't ask.
Waking up in a feverish sweat every hour is exhausting and I admit it – I can’t take it. I also got a little nervous when one of our friends here insisted that it will get hotter and that 34 degrees Celsius is rather pleasant. So I have come to accept that physically, I’m a Canadian through and through.
Therefore, yesterday into my home came the lovely Duracraft AMD-50E portable air conditioner. It’s a little noisy yes, but within an hour or two I felt like it was springtime in the Rockies. It has wheels so I am thinking about converting it into a transportation device – perhaps adding a bubble like il Papa, a fashionable hooey-hooey sunshade and a flame job.


Actually, I think I might add the flame job anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home