05 September, 2006

Stupid slow soul.


I've been feeling melancholy for the last few days. So staying true to my current -why the heck am I in this strange land away - got a wicked funk going on blueness, I give you my favourite quote on emptiness and jet lag (oh, and there are soooo many to choose from, I know!). This is from William Gibson’s Pattern Recognition.

"She knows, now, absolutely…that Damien’s theory of jet lag is correct: that her mortal soul is leagues behind her, being reeled in on some ghostly umbilical down the vanished wake of the plane that brought her here, hundreds of thousands of feet over the Atlantic. Souls can’t move that quickly, and are left behind, and must be awaited, upon arrival, like lost luggage. "

Hm, so that's why I feel like part of me is missing sometimes. Find me yet?

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Did you try looking off the coast of Nova Scotia? Lots of stuff is found in those waters....

9/08/2006 12:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home